R4 3DS cards have been carefully crafted to give you increased functionalities for your Nintendo 3DS.
But, as with all other products, there are some issues that users face. In this article, I will talk about the common issues of the R4i Silver Lite R4 3DS card.
This is one of the most bang-for-the-buck R4 3DS cards out on the market today and although it sells like pancakes, there are still some people who are experiencing some issues.
Luckily, these issues can easily be corrected and rectified. So, without further ado, here are the R4i Silver Lite R4 3DS card’s common issues and how to fix them:
- Cannot Save Games or Use the “Save State” Feature. This problem usually occurs if you haven’t formatted your microSD card beforehand. To format your microSD card, plug it in the adapter and plug it into your computer. Once your computer recognizes the microSD card, right-click on it and select “Format”. From the drop-down menu, choose FAT32 and press the format button. Wait until it is finished and you’re good to go. Your games should be saved now and you can now use the save state feature.
- Changing The R4 3DS Card’s Language. Let’s face it, people who buy R4 3DS http://www.r4revolution3dss.com/ cards might not have English as their main language. In order for you to change the language of the R4 3DS card’s interface, just press the “X” button on the third option from the top of the screen. Then, change it to your preferred language.
- Games Do Not Start Up. This problem usually stems from an outdated Kernel. In order for you to play games normally, you would have to download a firmware update from the R4i Silver Lite’s website.
- How To Flash Kernel Update. Most people who use R4 3DS cards are not tech savvy enough to want to deal with upgrading the firmware. It is actually quite simple, although, before doing this, you have to make sure that your Nintendo 3DS is fully charged. First, head to the R4i Silver’s website and download the latest firmware/kernel update. Next, extract the contents of the downloaded file and put it into the root folder of your microSD. Plug your microSD card into your R4 3DS card and put it into the Nintendo 3DS. Next, an indication will tell you that there is a new kernel file available and if you wish to update it, just press YES. Wait for it to finish flashing the new update and you’re good to go.
- How to Change the Interface? The R4i Silver Lite is one of the R4 3DS cards that allows you to change its interface. The good thing is that the manufacturer has preset interfaces that you can download and install on your Nintendo 3DS. All you have to do is download the files from their website and install it via the homebrew launcher application. Just follow on-screen instructions.
These are the most common issues of the R4i Silver Lite R4 3DS card and how you can fix them. Hopefully, this article has covered enough ground and I hope that you will enjoy your R4 3DS card!